Two amazing flavours collide in this super moist pumpkin chocolate marble loaf. Maple drizzle adds the finishing touch to this awesomely autumn-inspired quick bread.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk or plant-based milk
- Pre-heat the over to 350°F. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside. In a bowl combine the flour, spices, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the pumpkin, eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add the flour into the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Divide the batter in half and set one half of the batter in a separate bowl.
- Combine the cocoa and milk, then stir this mixture into one of the bowls of pumpkin batter. Mix until combined.
- Alternate large scoops of the chocolate and pumpkin batter in prepared pan. Once the pan is filled, run a knife thought the batter in swirly figure 8’s making sure to reach the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack before icing (ingredients and directions below)
To glaze, combine 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and 1 tbsp milk (or plant based milk). Drizzle on the loaf once it is cool.
To make this loaf vegan, increase the baking powder to 2¼ tsp, add ¼ tsp baking soda, around 1/2 cup plant based milk, and 1 tsp lemon juice.
Keywords: pumpkin, bread, chocolate, fall, autumn