Loaded with seeds, this maple hemp granola is packed with plant-based protein. Great with milk, yogurt and berries, or as a snack!
Because they’re high in vitamins and healthy fat, we love adding hemp hearts to homemade granola! They’re slightly chewy, with a mild nutty taste, and chock-full of protein.
This maple hemp granola, made with olive oil and maple syrup, is refined sugar-free and vegan. Enjoy it plain with dairy or non-dairy milk, sprinkled on a smoothie bowl, or topped with yogurt and frozen berries!
Use the JUMP TO RECIPE button at the top of the post, or scroll to the bottom of the post, to see the full recipe card with ingredient measurements and instructions.
- rolled oats
- hemp hearts
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- sea salt
- olive oil
- maple syrup
- dried cranberries
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the rolled oats, hemp hearts, seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt together in a large bowl.
Give everything a good stir to mix.
Add the olive oil and maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
Spread the maple hemp granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake the granola in the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Remove the sheet from the oven, cool the granola on a wire rack, then stir in the dried cranberries. Store cooled maple hemp granola in an airtight container for several weeks.
Tips & Notes
If gluten is a concern, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
For an extra flavour boost, add 1/2-cup of shredded unsweetened coconut before baking, or 1/2-cup of toasted coconut chips after the maple hemp granola has cooled.
If you can’t find hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds, or a mix of the two can be substituted.
Use any neutral-tasting oil you like in place of olive oil. Grape seed and coconut oil work well.
Honey is a good substitute for maple syrup.
Switch the cranberries to any other dried fruit you like. Dried mango, raisins, currants, or blueberries are great.
More Of Our Favourite Breakfast Recipes
- 3 cups (300g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (85g) hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup (65g) sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (60g) pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (215g) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (170g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (65g) dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, hemp hearts, seeds, cinnamon, and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and maple syrup to the dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the granola in the middle rack of the oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack, then stir in the dried cranberries. Store cooled granola in an airtight container for several weeks.