Clementines add a delicate, festive flavour to this classic holiday loaf, however, feel free to substitute orange or lemon if desired.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature + more to grease pan
- 3 clementines
- Warm water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Liberally grease a standard loaf tin with butter and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a stand mixer. Using paddle attachment, mix on low until well combined. Add butter and continue to mix until butter has been distributed throughout in small bits.
- Zest and juice two clementines into a measuring cup. Top clementine juice with warm water to the ¾ cup mark. Add egg and whisk well to combine.
- Using paddle attachment, with mixer running on low, slowly pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix until well combined. Turn off mixer and stir in cranberries by hand. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin.
- Bake loaf 55-60 minutes at 350º until golden and sides are starting to pull away from tin. Carefully remove loaf from tin and set on rack to cool.
- Zest and juice third clementine into a bowl. Add sifted icing sugar and mix well to combine. If glaze is too thick, add more clementine juice. If glaze is runny, add sifted icing sugar by the spoonful unti thick enough to pour.
- Pour glaze over cooled loaf.