2 cups whole spelt flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. cane sugar
1/2 tsp. sea salt
6 tbsp. cold vegan butter
3/4 cup vegan milk
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- With your finger tips, lightly rub in the cold butter until the dough resembles crumbs.
- Pour the milk into the dry mixture and quickly mix with your hands until the dough just comes together. It will be pretty wet.
- On a lightly floured surface pat the dough into a 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) thick round. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Arrange scones on a parchment lined baking try. Bake in a 230 C (450 F) for 10-12 minutes or until golden
- Serve warm with strawberry jam
To make the Strawberry Bay Leaf Jam combine – 2 cups mashed strawberries | 4 tbsp. cane sugar | 2 bay leaves | 1 tsp. Pomona’s Pectin | 1 tsp. calcium water |
Begin by combining the sugar and pectin together. Next, make the jam by combining the fruit, bay leaves and calcium water together. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the sugar and pectin. Stir vigorously for 2 minutes until the pectin is dissolved. Remove bay leaves. Either jar the jam or store in the fridge once cooled.