A simple and easy dip recipe using creamy roasted eggplant, smoky roasted red pepper, pungent roasted garlic, and the mild heat of a red finger chili. This dip will be the hit at your next get together.
Roasted Eggplant Red Pepper Dip Recipe
This recipe combines the creamy texture of eggplant, smoky flavour of roasted red pepper, low pungent sweetness of roasted garlic, and mellow fire of red finger chili to make a full-flavored, simple-to-make dip perfect for serving with pita, crackers, on sandwiches, or any other place your palate craves a little zing.
A Note On How To Peel Eggplant
A handy way to peel eggplant easily is to trim the ends with a knife and use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. Ta da!
How To Roast Garlic for This Recipe
To make our Roasted Eggplant Red Pepper Dip Recipe you need four cloves of roasted garlic, as well as some of the oil the garlic is cooked in, so be sure not to throw away your delicious garlic oil! You can use garlic oil in so many places – drizzled on scrambled eggs, as a dip for crusty bread, in homemade salad vinaigrettes, or as a base for many cooked dishes like stir fries and pastas. Check out this post for 6 Easy Ways To Roast Garlic, With Or Without An Oven.
Be Sure To Protect The Chili!
Because the red finger chili used in the recipe is much smaller than both the eggplant and the red pepper, try tucking it underneath the red pepper halves for protection.
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1 large red pepper, halved, seeds removed
- 1 red finger chile, quartered, seeds removed
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons garlic oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a large bowl toss eggplant, red pepper, and red finger chile with 1 tablespoon garlic oil. Place the red pepper halves face down and tuck the red finger chile pieces underneath to protect them.
- Roast 20 minutes or until the skin of the red pepper is charred. Remove from oven and cool.
- Place roasted eggplant, red pepper, and red finger chile in food processor with roasted garlic cloves. Pulse a few times until combined but still chunky.
- Scrape into a bowl and add white vinegar, salt, and pepper, adjusting amounts to taste. Serve with pita, nacho chips, crackers, or anything else you like.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 26 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 179mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g