These vegan, gluten free, and oil free pumpkin spice breakfast cookies are sweetened with dates and seasonal pumpkin for a healthy fall breakfast or snack.
- 110 grams / 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 85 grams / 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 160 grams / 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin, packed, or puree
- 120 grams / 1/2 cup soft dates
- 40 grams / 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 50 grams / 1/2 bar dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the oats, hazelnut meal, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add the pumpkin, dates, and hazelnut butter to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the large bowl with the oats and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon to scoop out 15 equally sized balls of dough. Use your hands to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool for another 10 minutes before cooling fully on a rack. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.
* I use hokkaido pumpkin, which is on the dry side. If you’re using one with more moisture, like a sugar pie, either reduce it by a tablespoon or so or add a couple extra tablespoons of hazelnut meal.
Keywords: Pumpkin spice breakfast cookies, pumpkin breakfast cookies