These pretzel and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream sandwiches are a great no-bake salty sweet option for when it’s just too hot to bake in the summer!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed salted pretzel pieces
- 2 pints ice cream (I love using strawberry or lemon, or a mix of the two)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Whisk together the flour and salt and add to the wet ingredients, mixing with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pretzel pieces.
- Pat or roll the cookie dough out into a rectangle about 1/2″ thick.
- Place on a cookie sheet and freeze overnight.
- Thirty minutes before youre ready to assemble your cookies, remove the ice cream from the freeze to soften a little.
- Place the rectangle horizontal in front of you and place ice cream onto one half of the cookie dough.
- Method #1: Use a sharp knife to cut the other side of the cookie off and place it on top of the ice cream, pressing gently to smoosh and get any air bubbles or holes out. Dont press so hard that the softened ice cream oozes out, though.
Method #2: Cut the frozen cookie dough into 2″ x 2″ squares, place 1-2 tbsp of ice cream in between 2 cookies and press together gently until ice cream comes to the edges.
- Freeze the whole thing for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, use a sharp serrated knife to slice the cookies into whatever size you like – we tend to like them about 2″ x 2″
Keywords: No bake, Raw, Ice Cream Sandwiches, Pretzel Cookie Dough