This seedy nutty baked granola has to be one of my favourite breakfasts aside from good ol’ toast. Straight up with almond milk, over yogurt or even topped on chia pudding or smoothie bowls. Its the perfect topper when you’re not feeling like an oatmeal based granola plus its full of good fats and tons nutrients. You can’t go wrong.
Perfect for my pregnant self as I could only eat this or toast in the morning due to my crazy morning sickness. As much as I wanted fruit or juice guys…
…my stomach wasn’t having it.
- 1½ cups slivered almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup crushed pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup buckwheat grouts
- 1 cup dried blueberries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300 F°
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper add all your nuts, seeds, flax and cinnamon. If your coconut oil is solid melt it down in either the microwave or small sauce pot over the stove. Add the maple syrup or honey and vanilla extract to the oil and stir to combine. Pour over your nut and seed mixture and coat everything well.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes or until golden. Mix half way through cooking time. Keep an eye out so as to not burn.
- Let cool. Add buckwheat grouts and dried fruit and store in an air tight container for up to two weeks.
If you make this Nutty Seedy Baked Granola, let us know on Insta by tagging @baked_theblog + #bakedtheblog!