Just had baby and/or nursing? These cookies are the prefect sweet snack to help boost your milk supply. Full of ground flaxseeds, oats, brewers yeast and of course large chunky chocolate chips.
As my little guy will be two months old at the end of March and these have been the prefect snack to help boost my milk supply. Therefore they have been pretty deadly as I’m sure I’ve gained a little post-baby weight due to these very cookies. Yep, they are that good! Two or three a day is alright, right?
Most importantly do these lactation cookies actually work? I’ll let you, nursing mamas, be the judge. While I can say that they’ve definitely helped me. It has been said that drinking beer (due to the brewers yeast) can help boost milk supply. As I’m staying away from alcohol for the time being so putting the yeast into the cookies (along with flax seed, another milk-booster) was a perfect solution. They also come in particularly handy during late-night feedings when the hunger pains kick in.
Whether you’re a nursing mama or not, these little cookies are the perfect go-to snack (or perhaps even breakfast). Even if you’re not nursing, don’t worry, these won’t make you produce milk! Just think of them as another tasty cookie.
Want to pimp out your cookies even more? Check out this post for 15 add-ins for chocolate chip cookies.Print
Need an extra boost in your milk supply while nursing? Ahem or a late night feeding snack? These cookies full of all the good stuff with help you with that.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp brewers yeast
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In the bowl of an electric mixture beat the butter, coconut oil and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamed. Add all the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop of choice I used larger one since I liked thick cookies but if you prefer them a little smaller just use a small ice cream scoop or you can form into balls and flatten slightly.
- Space them out on a lined baking tray.
- Baked for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Dough freezes well. Just be sure to pre scoop your cookies so you can grab a couple from the freezer to bake fresh.
You can also bake all the cookies and then freeze. Just thaw out or reheat in the microwave or oven.
Keywords: Chocolate chip lactation cookies