This is a sweet and savoury take on the classic cookie combining floral honey and herby rosemary.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp honey plus more for drizzling
- 2 cups flour (I used a spelt/ rye blend, but regular flour will work fine)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 325°
- In an electric mixer beat the butter and coconut sugar until creamy. Add the honey, flour, coconut flour, rosemary and chopped walnuts. Beat until mixture comes together and forms a soft dough.
- Lightly grease and flour a fluted pie pan or any pan of your choosing. Spread the dough down and flatten with your hands until you get an even smooth surface. Prick all all over with a fork or even make an interesting design.
- Cook for 25 min or until edges are golden.
- Let cool. Finish off with a drizzle of honey.
- Will store in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
This is the type of shortbread where you could omit the coconut sugar for some sharp cheese and turn it into more of a savoury (dinner time) shortbread.