Excerpted from Bakeland: Nordic Treats Inspired by Nature by Marit Hovland, published April 2018 by Greystone Books. Reproduced and condensed with permission from the publisher.
- 5 oz (150 g) white chocolate, finely
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice
- zest of 1½ limes
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup (90 g) butter
- 1½ cups (185 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup (70 g) sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Line the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) round springform pan with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, lime juice, lime zest, and eggs.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter then pour over the chocolate and stir. When the chocolate has melted, add it to the egg mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Sift the dry ingredients into the batter and fold in with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the sliced almonds on top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes on the middle rack of the oven. Let the cake cool, then decorate with candied forget-me-nots. The cake should be kept in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.