Juicy baked grapefruit with lime infused coconut whipped cream is the perfect addition to your morning meal or when you are simply looking for something lighter. Brunch side stunner? I think so!
I am completely obsessed with baked grapefruit at the moment. Its so much sweeter and baking it takes the bitter edge off. I’ve been trying to incorporate more plant based foods into my diet and this is one one way to step up the good ol’ morning grapefruit.
- 2 grapefruit
- 2 tsp cane sugar
- 1 small can coconut milk (160ml)
- zest of half a lime
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or ½ tsp extract
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Cut each grapefruit in half and using a paring knife cut around the flesh and roughly following the segments cut along a few of the lines (this makes it easier to scoop out).
- Lay the grapefruit cut side up on the baking tray and sprinkle with cane sugar. Place in the oven for 5min. Then set the oven to broil and place under for another 5 minutes or until browned on top.
- Drain the liquid from the can of coconut milk. Place in a medium bowl with the maple syrup and vanilla. Using a whisk (can also be done in an electric mixer) mix until thick. Top on warm grapefruit and sprinkle with lime zest.
Recipe adapted from With Love + Food.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
This is an approximation of the nutrition offered in this recipe, and is created using a nutrition calculator.