- 3/4 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1 cup cane sugar (regular sugar also works)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded chedder cheese plus extra for topping
- 1 apple diced, plus 3 thin slices for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a loaf pan or add paper liners to a muffin pan if doing those.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the coconut oil (or butter) and sugar until
- smooth. Beat in the egg until the mixture is light and fluffy; add in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the
- creamed mixture with the milk and add in the cheddar cheese and diced apple.
- Pour into the prepared pan and top with extra cheddar and optional apple slices.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven or until tooth pick comes up clean for muffins or 25-40 minutes for a loaf cake.
- Cool on a wire rack