We use every excuse we can to roast garlic and add it to breakfast eggs, pasta, rice, pizza, and more. Here we show you 6 Ways To Roast Garlic, With Or Without An Oven, and remember, when you roast garlic in oil be sure to set the oil aside and use it as a delicious base for cooking, stir-frying, homemade salad dressings, and more!
6 Ways To Roast Garlic, With Or Without An Oven.
- Whole Bulb In Oven – Preheat oven to 350ºF. Slice top off of a bulb of garlic, just enough to expose tops of cloves. Place bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil, drizzle exposed cloves with olive oil, and wrap tightly in foil. Place bulb in a small oven-safe dish or ramekin and roast garlic 40 minutes. Remove from oven, cool, and squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a small dish. Use as needed.
- Individual Cloves In Oven – Preheat oven to 350ºF. Break apart bulb of garlic. Trim ends of cloves and peel. Place in small shallow oven-safe baking dish with 1/2 cup of olive oil. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast garlic 40 minutes. Cool. Reserve both roasted cloves and garlic oil and use as needed.
- Individual Cloves In Slow Cooker – Place 100g of trimmed and peeled garlic cloves in slow cooker with 1 cup olive oil. Cook on low 2 to 3 hours or until cloves are deep gold and fragrant. Reserve both roasted cloves and garlic oil and use as needed.
- Individual Cloves On Stove Top – Follow the same method as the slow cooker method, but use a heavy bottomed pan on low heat on stove top. Cloves are done when they are deep gold in colour and fragrant. Use roasted cloves and garlic oil in recipes as needed.
- Chopped Garlic In Microwave – Peel and trim garlic cloves. Chop fine and place in small microwavable ceramic dish (NOT PLASTIC). Cover chopped garlic with olive oil and microwave in 30 second increments until golden.
- Whole Bulbs In Muffin Tins In Oven – We love this brilliant method from Tori Avey to roast garlic in larger batches in the oven using two muffin tins.
Try other Baked recipes using roasted garlic :